Thursday, March 30, 2006
Wednesday, March 29, 2006
Neurotic Food Log...
- Yogurt with granola and strawberries on top
- Decaf hazelnut coffee with half & half and 3 Splendas
- Chicken parm sandwich
- 2 diet cream sodas
- One Marlboro Light (smoked, not eaten)
- 1/2 bag of soy chips (crushed in coffee grinder then snorted...ha ha, I'm so funny)
- 1 3/4 veggie corn dogs (I believe these were invented for my family...)
- Glass of Crystal Light
- 1/2 can of non-fat yogurt, flavor of the peach
- 2 snarf-sized bites of top-quality romano cheese
- Leftover roasted carrots and onions with dill
- About 10 fresh baby carrots with roasted garlic (see below)
- Good-sized splash of Knob Creek on the rocks
- Couple of handfuls of microwave popcorn
- Couple of ounces of roasted chicken breast
Monday, March 27, 2006
Sunday, March 26, 2006
Saturday, March 25, 2006
Friday, March 24, 2006
Monday, March 20, 2006
That's a link to the pages people have made for loved ones they lost, even including some recordings from the other side.
What can I say?
Sunday, March 19, 2006
Saturday, March 18, 2006
- Milosevic taking medicine to counteract his medicine so he can escape...oh, but it turns out he wasn't, so someone else had to be dreaming that one up.
- A ex-inmate of Abu Ghraib claiming to be the hooded man, wires dangling from all extremities, in the infamous photo...oh, but it turns out it wasn't him, although he does claim he was subject to the same torture.
- Hurricane victims being busted for double-dipping on relief benefits.
- Virtually everything our president does or says
So, big deal. I'm jaded and cynical. Who cares? One might say that I continue to read the papers to shore up my aloof sense of sanity. One might be right. Although, I guess the sigh/shrug/eye roll isn't really a sign of not caring.
Whatever...this isn't worth the ink. More pix of my cat to come...
After reading this post, I fully realize the absurdity of my calling that chick's pictures self-indulgent...apologies to the universe. (I already apologized to the chick.)
Friday, March 17, 2006
Posting the Cat
Screw that. I'm not trying to be a thought leader. I like posting stupid pictures from my cell phone about when I eat soysages with sour cream, and I love taking pictures of my cats...so turn the channel if you don't like it.
Thursday, March 16, 2006
Tuesday, March 14, 2006
Sunday, March 12, 2006
Saturday, March 11, 2006
Wednesday, March 08, 2006
Tuesday, March 07, 2006
Monday, March 06, 2006
Etymology: Middle English logge, probably of Scandinavian origin; akin to Old Norse lAg fallen tree; akin to Old English licgan to lie -- more at LIE
1 : a usually bulky piece or length of unshaped timber; especially : a length of a tree trunk ready for sawing and over six feet (1.8 meters) long
2 : an apparatus for measuring the rate of a ship's motion through the water that consists of a block fastened to a line and run out from a reel
3 a : the record of the rate of a ship's speed or of her daily progress; also : the full nautical record of a ship's voyage b : the full record of a flight by an aircraft
4 : a record of performance, events, or day-to-day activities log>
I believe definition number two is roughly the source of "knots" as a measure of a water-vessel's speed, as they would knot a rope at regular intervals and count how many (per unit of time) were reeled out into the water as the ship made way.
Doesn't capture direction though...at least not as far as this landlubber can tell.
Today's Out of the Ordinary Log:
- A car crashed rear-end first into one of the posts that holds up the awning in front of the Chase bank on 187 and Ft. Wash. No idea how the person backed into it, but he just left the car there. The cops came and had it towed away...no sign of the driver.
- In the laundromat, I mistook a customer for someone who worked there, and told her that my dryer wasn't working. She looked at me like the idiot I was. I felt like a schmuck.
Sunday, March 05, 2006
Less is More...
Friday, March 03, 2006
Good Karma in Ft. Lee, NJ
I walked over the GW bridge today. I have tons of energy when I get a good night's sleep, which I did last night. I was kinda pacing around the house and needed to get out.
This is me in Ft. Lee, after I walked over the bridge.
Its actually a cool little town, lots of shops and restaurants, especially Korean ones, since Ft. Lee has a large Korean population. Right before I took this pic, I found a cell phone on the street. It still had battery so I called the last number that had called it. Turns out a guy who had just come out of a nearby restaurant had lost it, so I left it there for him. He called me later and left a nice message saying thank you. Coincidentally, I lost my last cellphone, and it was the exact same make and model as this dude's that I found, so I feel like I filled my good karma quota for the day.
Thursday, March 02, 2006
Wednesday, March 01, 2006
I would say its little things like this that can get a guy excited, but let's be honest: this is no little thing.I have officially integrated my blogger blog into the new TIB environment. I inserted by own code into the blogger template, etc. so that it now looks like the new site, which isn't done yet.
Yes, I still need to make it pretty and get rid of the too big header and make the fonts the right colors, but I'm on my fucking way.
BTW, the buttons won't look right for those in IE (read: 90% of the world), only those using Firefox will perceive all the raw awesome power that is my integrated online environment.
Efforting on the IE workarounds...stay tuned.